1) How do I contact you? 717-870-3913, Email anytime to Tara@blindspotnutbutters.com or Doug@blindspotnutbutters.com
2) Are any of your products sugar free? Yes. Nut'n But Nuts, Nut'n But Almond Butter, Nut'n But Peanut Butter, and Mixed Nuts & Seeds are completely sweetener free. Some products are now available with Monk Fruit. Almond Butter, Coconut Macaroon, & Blueberry Pancake.
Squirrely Tail & Happy Trails use Sucanat, Fit and Nutty uses honey & coconut sugar, Coconut Macaroon (specified online only) and seasonal flavor Chocolate Cherry Chunk uses coconut sugar.
3) Are any of your nut butters Paleo or Whole30? Yes!
Fit and Nutty, Mixed Nuts & Seeds, Nut'n but Nuts, Nut'n But Almond Butter, Coconut Macaroon (using Coconut Sugar (only available online)), and Squirrely Tail are Paleo. Squirrely Tail is now sweetened with Sucanat - a paleo approved sweetener. Our new Fit & Nutty Protein Blend has Egg White Protein Powder vs Whey Protein, so this one fits the Paleo model too!
Nut'n But Nuts, Mixed Nuts & Seeds, and Nut'n But Almond Butter are also Whole30 approved.
4) There is a layer of oil on top of my nut butter. Is this normal? Yes. It is a natural product and there will be some separation of the blended nuts and oils. This should be stirred back in to keep all of the nut butter spreadable. If you pour off the oil, your nut butter will be harder and crumbly when you get to the bottom of the jar. An alternative is to store your jar upside down.
5) What is texture of your nut butters? Definitely thicker than a traditional peanut butter but still spreadable. I call our texture "gritty" - you get very small "bites" of real nuts in our nut butters.
6) Where can I buy your nut butters? We're in quite a few retail locations - click "find us" but our website is the only place where all flavors and sizes are available. If you have suggestions for a store that you think would be interested, please let us know!
7) I want a sample! Where can I get one? Our mini glass jars are 1.2 oz. available online (not all flavors) and in some of our retailers.
8) Any peanut, cashew, etc free blends?
Squirrely Tail, Coconut Macaroon, Nut'n but Nuts, Nut'n But Almond Butter, Nuts & Seeds, Fit and Nutty, and our seasonal varieties Seven Layer Bar, Shortbread Cookie, Oatmeal Raisin, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Heartbreak, Carrot Cake, and Pumpkin Pie are all peanut free.
Sea Salt Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter Brownie, Butterscotch Crunch, Thai Peanut Sauce as well as our seasonal flavors - Chocolate Cherry Chunk, Crabby Nuts, Moose Tracks, and Peanut Butter Marshmallow and Coconut Dream are cashew free.
Sea Salt Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter Brownie, Coconut Macaroon, Thai Peanut Sauce, Butterscotch Crunch and our seasonal varieties Crabby Nuts, Seven Layer Bar, Oatmeal Raisin, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, Carrot Cake, and Shortbread Cookie are almond free.
However, all of our nuts are ground and blended on the same equipment and we won't guarantee they are allergen free. If you're allergic to a specific nut that we use, it's better to not purchase our blends.
9) Are any of your products gluten free or vegan? Yes! All of our products are gluten free EXCEPT Happy Trails (pretzels) and our seasonal Peanut Butter Marshmallow Dream (our Seasonal Flavors - Oatmeal Raisin & Oatmeal Chocolate Chip are gluten free as we used gluten free oats).
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip, Banana Bread & Happy Trails also use Dairy Free Chocolate Chips.
All of our flavors EXCEPT Fit and Nutty, Happy Trails, Peanut Butter Brownie, and seasonal Caramel Apple, Peanut Butter Marshmallow Dream, Blueberry Pancakes, Chocolate Cherry Chunk, Moose Tracks, are vegan.
10) Do I need to refrigerate my jars of BSNB? You do not need to refrigerate our Nutbutters, especially if you are going to eat them fast! Sometimes people do like them cold, if you live in a really hot climate, or if you are going to take awhile to eat them - then refrigerate them. I definitely wouldn't recommend refrigerating Coconut Macaroon as it will solidify the Coconut Oil (unless you are going to eat it very slowly). I enjoy our seasonal flavor - Pumpkin Pie refrigerated.
11) Are your ingredients organic? Yes and no. We use as many organic ingredients as possible, but also want to use US based products over imported materials. We are constantly striving to have as many organic ingredients as possible. Our coconut sugar and coconut oil is organic and all of our oils are NON-GMO.
12) Why are some of your products Blind Spot Nutbutters and some are TLC? The Blind Spot Nutbutters line uses all natural ingredients. The TLC line is reserved for our "fun flavors" that may have added artificial ingredients (M & Ms, peanut butter cups, artificial flavors, etc).
13) Why do some of your products have red palm oil in them? We exclusively use Nutiva brand Organic Coconut Oil with Butter Flavor, which uses red palm oil in their ingredient list. Directly from the Nutiva website for all of those concerned about the effect of palm oil on the environment - "Grown on small organic family farms in Ecuador, Nutiva Organic Red Palm Oil is certified Organic, Non-GMO and Fair Trade. We partner with Natural Habitats™ to ensure that no deforestation or habitat destruction results from the growing or harvesting process. It has a mild carrot-like flavor, with a rich, buttery texture. Some red palm oils have a strong or harsh flavor, however, our proprietary cold-filtration process removes any strong flavor while retaining the nutrients"
13) I am unhappy with my purchase. What now? Email us at Tara@blindspotnutbutter or Doug@blindspotnutbutters.com and we'll talk about it. We want you to be happy!
*Please search "return policy" for more information.